For over 20 years, the Faith & Belief Forum has been running education, engagement, and action
programmes that bring diverse communities together. In schools, universities, and community spaces we
break down barriers and find ways for people to work together to improve society. We believe that young
people should feel confident communicating and collaborating with anybody, regardless of their faith, belief,
culture, or background.
In order to further the impact of our work we are now looking for a Design and Fundraising coordinator to
drive our engagement forward.
Job Purpose: To coordinate Faith & Belief Forum’s design and fundraising, generating funds for existing
and new projects, and supporting programme development and evaluation.
Salary: Band C. (£25,276 – £31,797 – dependent on experience and location)
Location: Remote. With regular visits to the office (Kentish Town, North London)
Hours: Up to Full time, to be discussed
Reports to: Head of Programmes
Duties and Responsibilities
All activities will be undertaken in collaboration with the Operations Department.
- To write and communicate an annual fundraising plan
- To lead on the design and writing of funding bids to trusts, foundations, and institutional donors
- To manage the income generation pipeline, ensuring it is up to date and reporting at regular
intervals on progress and issues
- To work with Head of Programmes and programme staff to match programme plans with funding
- To support Head of Programmes in collating data and evidence for funding bids and cases for
- To work with Head of Programmes and programme staff to develop theories of change and logic
models that will underpin funding bids
- To work with the Senior Finance and Development Manager to report on income and expenditure
- To manage and keep up to date the contracts register which contains live contracts with funders and
- To work with Head of Programmes to ensure the delivery of timely reports to donors
- To manage the production and dissemination of the donor newsletter
- To support the Director in maintaining good relationships with High-Net-Worth Individuals (HNWIs)
- To coordinate training and development in design and fundraising for F&BF staff
- To manage staff as and when appropriate
- To contract and manage consultants as appropriate
- To be an ambassador for F&BF, helping promote the whole organisation through speaking about
our work in public, social media, writing articles/blogs
- To help the organisation in achieving its goals (below)
- To undertake other initiatives as necessary, to ensure the successful implementation of the work of
Communications & Stakeholders
- To be an ambassador for F&BF, helping raise awareness of the programme and the whole
organisation through speaking about our work in public, social media, writing articles/blogs (primarily
related to departmental activities).
- To lead on external marketing and communications for Design and Fundraising Team, and
contributing towards organisational communications (e.g. event publicity, brochures, exhibition
guides, newsletter, social media)
- To be involved with relevant F&BF’s Policy initiatives
- To lead on some key relationships with stakeholders, particularly for the Design and Fundraising project, maintaining the database of contacts
- To work with others to help achieve the organisational aims (below)
- To be an active participant in the Team, leading on some organisational initiatives to ensure a good
working environment for all staff.
- To contribute towards activities to raise funds, such as developing relationships with existing and
potential donors, to support funding application writing, and sharing new ideas.
- To help recruit, induct and support interns
- To look for ideas for innovation, growth, sharing our learning, and continuing relationships with
- Undertaking other initiatives necessary to ensure the successful implementation of the work of the
Organisational strategic goals:
▪ To equip more learners with the skills and tools they need to handle and influence relations
between people of different faiths and beliefs
▪ To generate stronger community-based movement, with youth at the forefront
▪ To project the voices of those we support and the impact of our partnership with them
Please note that we will be reviewing applications and inviting applicants for interview as applicants
are received and reserve the right to appoint before the closing date.
The closing date for applications is 26th August 2022 at Midday.
It is essential to have sensitivity to the issues surrounding this area of work and a proven commitment to the
aims of the Faith & Belief Forum.
We welcome experience and skills from all areas of a person’s life, including volunteering, community work,
paid work, and education.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
Understanding of charitable funding streams and fundraising activities
Experience and ability to write funding bids, including budgets
Good organising and administrative skills
Show own initiative to solve problems
Experience of working to tight budgets and managing expenditure
Willingness to travel in the UK and to be in the London office at least once a week
Good interpersonal and communication skills
Good research skills
Experience of working with High-Net-Worth Individuals
Knowledge and experience of organising fundraising events
Click Here to see the Recruitment Pack
Click Here to see the Job Application Form
Submit your application