The School Linking Programme matches students and classes from different cultural or faith backgrounds to explore issues of identity, community and belief.
The Faith & Belief Forum’s linking programme is run as part of The Linking Network; the programme’s focus is to equip teachers with the skills, knowledge and support to provide these opportunities for their students. The teachers involved will be partnered with another teacher and class, who they will be working over the course of an academic year, to plan three ‘Link’ days. School Linking has just been endorsed and funded by the Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG) and the Department for Education (DfE).
Students on the Linking programme:
- Take part in three engaging and memorable link days with their partner school during the academic year
- Deepen knowledge and understanding of different beliefs by engaging directly with students from different backgrounds
- Develop skills of communication, empathy and reflection
Teachers and schools on the Linking programme:
- The programme helps the schools with their SMSC and British Values provision; It fosters in students an understanding and respect for difference, as well as giving them the opportunity to reflect upon their own identity and beliefs
- Teachers gain training and resources for running inter-faith and inter-cultural events, as well activities and ideas relevant to RE and PHSCE teaching at 2 CPD days during the academic year
- Build partnerships with local schools
The training, support and resources we provide are free. We welcome applications from both faith schools and non-denominational schools.
“I feel it was more about just getting to know each other. I actually made friends. I got to learn about their beliefs and they learnt about ours. We got to experience each other’s lives and how different but also how similar we are.”
– Secondary School Student
“The training provides an excellent range of practical and relevant ideas and resources, with supportive and helpful staff.”
– Lead Teacher, Primary School
FIND OUT MORE AND APPLY
F&BF are looking for schools in London and the West Midlands to take part. To find out more about Linking in London, please contact Clare. For Linking in the West Midlands, please contact Rich.
Apply to the School Linking programme
Working in partnership with