Faith in Barking & Dagenham
In 2020, we ended a ground-breaking 22 month interfaith project Barking and Dagenham. Funded by the LBBD council, we delivered a range of workshops, residential trainings and events which built good relations between residents of different faiths and beliefs.
Our project highlights include:
- Writing a policy in collaboration with Barking and Dagenham Faith Forum and London Borough of Barking and Dagenham. You can view a summary of the policy here: Working Together PDF
- Writing a guide for local residents. You can view this guide here: Guide for Interfaith
- Arts based workshops exploring themes of belief and identity
- A leadership training programme for emerging leaders in Barking and Dagenham.
- Events for Barking and Dagenham residents in partnership with the B&D Faith Forum.
- Faith Inclusion training for LBBD Council staff members
- Encounter Faiths and Beliefs Schools workshops.
Why are we running this programme?
As the UK’s leading interfaith organisation, we have over 20 years’ experience building good relations between people of different faiths and beliefs in schools, universities, workplaces and community groups. We are committed to making Barking and Dagenham a welcoming place for all of its residents.