Volunteer Showcase: Hasnan Hussain
24 / 02 / 21
04 / 10 / 19
The Special Events Volunteer will support the Faith & Belief Forum’s Fundraising Team during the busy period leading up to our annual Gala Dinner in November. The dinner will be a celebration which includes an appeal to raise vital funds for our interfaith work in schools, universities and communities. We expect to welcome 200 of our most loyal supporters, young leaders, representatives of faith communities, philanthropists and community leaders.
The volunteer will support with the following tasks:
In the run up to the event:
• Adding invitees and responses to our database system, Salesforce
• Requesting and recording guest information
• Supporting with compiling programme content, including proof reading
• Creating ‘to take’ list and gathering all materials to take onsite
• Booking and taxis and/or couriers needed for day of event
• Ordering materials needed for the event and updating event budget
• Printing and collating all key documents needed for the event
• Sending out pre-event joining instructions to all event attendees
After the event:
• Recording attendees and donations on Salesforce
• Following up with attendees who pledged a donation
• Processing thank you letters to table hosts, pledgers and speakers
• Contributing to event evaluation
• A positive, sensitive and inclusive approach
• Organised, able to manage multiple priorities
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to quickly and accurately record data, with attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to represent an organisation to a range of stakeholders
• Solid computer skills, able to learn new systems
• Experience in and passion for Events and / or Fundraising
• Experience using Salesforce
• An interest in and passion for interfaith and intercultural dialogue
• Building experience in: events planning, communicating with diverse stakeholders, and working with databases
• Contributing to the vital work of the Fundraising team, who make the Faith & Belief Forum’s interfaith work happen
• Being part of a movement of people passionate about bringing people together from different backgrounds
On your first day you will given an Orientation Training by the Internships & Volunteering team to induct you into the organisation. You will then be given an in-team induction where you will learn about the office systems, and your main tasks. You will have a key contact within the Fundraising Team, who will provide day-to-day support and give you feedback on your tasks.
Travel (up to £10 per day) and lunch expenses (up to £5 per day) will be reimbursed.
You will be invited to join a Facebook group of 180+ Faith & Belief Forum volunteers past and present; this network of people passionate about interfaith share interesting events and opportunities.
The role is 15 hours per week, with one working day per week taking place on either a Tuesday or Wednesday at our offices in Kentish Town. The remaining hours can be completed remotely or at our offices. On the w/c Mon 18 Nov, we ask that the volunteer is available on the evening of Thu 21 Nov to support with the event itself. This is a six week temporary role starting on Wed 23 Oct and ending on w/c Mon 2 Dec
Please complete this online application form by 9am, Mon 14 Oct.
Interviews will take place on the afternoon of Tue 15 Oct, and the successful candidate will be invited to start on Tue 22 Oct.
The Faith & Belief Forum is a leading interfaith and intercultural charity that builds relationships between people from different backgrounds. We welcome applications from people of all faiths, beliefs and cultures.
24 / 02 / 21
07 / 10 / 20
12 / 08 / 20