At the end of April 2020, F&BF made the difficult decision to pause delivery from our West Midlands team. We are now pleased to announce that our West Midlands staff have returned from furlough and have resumed delivery of projects in the region!
Like much of the country, the team will be moving forward with caution but are excited to be back and beginning the process of restarting the work in the West Midlands. Our future plans have been adapted to be online, however they will work closely with our stakeholders and participants and continually review any future opportunities to resume face-to-face.
West Midlands Team – Priorities
Resume our work with Walsall for All
- Community Dialogue – Community Dialogue has been a flagship project for the West Midlands Team since September 2019, creating safe spaces for communities to discuss identity, diversity and living together. We are looking forward to resuming this important project by building on the work to date and exploring opportunities to bring in new voices.
- Community Recognition Awards – During March 2020 we were planning to celebrate and recognise 125 projects and individuals making a difference to the people of Walsall, with over 280 people at Walsall Town Hall, which due to the lockdown we sadly had to cancel last minute.
- It is unlikely that events such as these will be able to go ahead this year, however over the coming months we will shine an online spotlight on each of these worthy winners, and create spaces to discuss and amplify the important work across the different award categories.
Resume our Education & Learning Projects
- School Linking – Our well established linking programme will return in September 2020. We will support teachers with training to create online spaces for their students to meet students from different backgrounds. The project will be designed to create an impactful and meaningful experience for students online however if there are opportunities for face to face as the school year progresses we will work with schools to support this.
- Workshops and Classroom Resources – There is still uncertainty around the feasibility of running workshops directly in classrooms. However, we are working closely with our Education & Learning Team in London to develop online packages to support students to explore and teachers to facilitate workshops around faith, belief and identity.
It is good to be back!
Please contact us if you have any questions about our current projects.
Rich, Jaishree and Daisy – West Midlands Team